Jen Gibson, Executive Director
Dryad is pleased to announce the members of our Board of Directors for the 2021-2022 term. The added expertise of our newest members, together with the ongoing commitment and insights of the other accomplished individuals already serving, gives me great confidence that we have the support and guidance needed to navigate a lively and changing landscape in research data over the coming year.
The Dryad Board of Directors is composed of 13 individuals who represent different stakeholders and voices in open research data publishing. They are recruited for their particular skills or perspectives, according to the needs of the organisation each year, and ratified by a vote of the Dryad membership. Each member serves three years, and assumes responsibility for overseeing the healthy performance of Dryad as a non-profit organisation and the realisation of our mission: to enable and promote the re-use of research data. The California Digital Library, a major partner to Dryad, is represented on the board, as an ex-officio member. We are incredibly grateful to our board members, past and present, for their commitment of time and expertise.
This year, we would especially like to thank outgoing members Paolo Mangiafico (Duke University, USA) and Paul Uhlir (Information Policy Consultant, USA) for their work on the board. Paolo and Paul’s counsel will be remembered, and will be a support to Dryad for months to come.
We would also like to thank Wolfram Horstmann (Göttingen University, Germany) and Caroline Sutton (Taylor and Francis, Norway) for stepping forward for their second terms. They are both well-poised to help Dryad to navigate the challenges and opportunities before us.
Finally, we offer a warm welcome to our newest members Ian Mulvany (British Medical Journal, UK) and Iratxe Puebla (ASAPbio, UK) whose experience with open research broadly, technology, strategy, publishing, publishing ethics, preprints and more will help us ride the tides of change in open research data communication and publishing.
The full Dryad Governing Board now includes:
- Scott Edmunds, GigaScience (CHN)
- Brooks Hanson, American Geophysical Union (USA)
- Wolfram Horstmann, Göttingen State and University Library (GER)
- Catriona Maccallum, Hindawi (UK)
- Ian Mulvany, British Medical Journal (UK)
- Fiona Murphy, MoreBrains Cooperative (UK)
- Johan Nilsson, Oikos Editorial Office (SWE)
- Naomi Penfold, Science Practice (UK)
- Iratxe Puebla, ASAPbio (UK)
- Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries (USA)
- Caroline Sutton, Taylor & Francis (NOR)
- Jason Williams, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (USA)
- Günter Waibel, California Digital Library (USA)(Ex-officio)
More information is available at https://datadryad.org/stash/our_governance.
Feedback and questions are always welcome, to email@example.com.