Dryad (datadryad.org) envisions a world where curated research data is openly available, integrated with the scholarly literature, and routinely re-used to create knowledge. Join our team!
Now Hiring: Data Curator
Dryad Data Curator
Curation is essential for the integrity of the data submitted to Dryad. An ideal candidate will review metadata and data files to ensure compliance with our curation standards, track review processes through the data curation lifecycle and correspond with researchers as needed. They will work with other members of the Dryad curation team to ensure standards are consistently met, and datasets are processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Review and update metadata to comply with Dryad’s standards
- Review the data files to comply with Dryad’s curation standards
- Initiate and manage correspondence with researchers as needed to ensure compliance with data sharing standards
- Continuously update and manage the dataset lifecycle within the Dryad platform
- Triage curation questions or suggestions as needed
- Consistently review and update curation documentation as needed
- Participate in curation team meetings to stay up to date and contribute to curation processes and standards
Dryad is looking for a Data Curator with the skills and perspectives that complement our existing team and shares our enthusiasm for building a researcher-led, values-driven, fully curated, open research data repository. Below are specific job qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with data in either a research or curation capacity (quantitative and qualitative)
- General experience working with software packages, both open source and proprietary
- Comfortable working with a variety of data types from diverse domains
- Awareness of good data and metadata practices
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Customer-service orientation with excellent written and real-time communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills
- Able to work virtually with a fully distributed team
- Strong willingness to learn new skills
- Experience working with researchers in a lab, library, publishing and/or institutional capacity
Our team values a learning mindset and strives to be always improving and evolving ourselves and our methodologies, being receptive to feedback, responsive, curious, and willing to learn.
Compensation and Benefits
As this is a remote position, we will consider both part time and/or full time status. We offer competitive hourly compensation. Benefits are provided depending on employment status. While we are an international organization, we are currently restricted to hiring this position in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dryad is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by US federal, state, or local law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please submit a resume or CV and optional cover letter to email@example.com. Submissions received will be reviewed within 2-3 weeks from date received. The position remains open until filled.