Dryad is excited to introduce the members of our Board of Directors for the 2023-2024 term. This talented group of individuals will provide guidance as we navigate important national policy developments, expand our global membership program, and improve our publishing platform to meet the evolving needs of researchers.
The Dryad Board of Directors includes voices from numerous stakeholder communities in open research data publishing, including researchers, academic librarians, and publishing professionals. They are recruited for their particular skills or perspectives, according to the needs of the organization each year, and ratified by a vote of the Dryad membership. Each board member serves three years, and assumes responsibility for overseeing the healthy performance of Dryad as a non-profit organization and the realization of our mission: to enable and promote the re-use of research data.
We offer a warm welcome to our newest members:
- Jake Carlson, University at Buffalo (USA)
- Bekah Darksmith, Public Library of Science (USA)
- Jenny Muilenburg, University of Washington (USA)
- Daniel Potter, University of California, Davis (USA)
- Mona Ramonetti, Stony Brook University (USA)
Board Chair Jason Williams says, “We are delighted to welcome the incoming class of Board members and look forward to how they will help grow Dryad. The composition of this slate of Directors came directly from our recent strategic planning retreat. We wanted to strengthen the representation of academic libraries and broaden the Board’s capacity for long-term sustainability and financial planning. These new Directors will greatly contribute to these aims.”
Three current Board members have been reappointed for new terms:
- Scott Edmunds, GigaScience (CHN)
- Brooks Hanson, American Geophysical Union (USA)
- Jason Williams, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (USA)
They join the following Board members whose terms are ongoing:
- Andrew Beckerman, University of Sheffield (UK)
- Barbara Ebert, German Federation for Biological Data e.V. (Germany)
- Kristi Holmes, Northwestern University (USA)
- Devika Madalli, Indian Statistical Institute (IN)
- Ian Mulvany, British Medical Journal (UK)
- Günter Waibel, California Digital Library (USA) (Ex-officio)
We are grateful for the dedicated service of our outgoing members Iratxe Puebla, ASAPbio (UK), Fiona Murphy, MoreBrains Cooperative (UK), Johan Nilsson, Oikos Editorial Office (Sweden) (Ex-officio), Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries (USA), Caroline Sutton, STM (The International Association for Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers) (NOR). In particular, we recognize longstanding Board Member Johan Nilsson. During his seven year tenure (several of which as Board Chair) Johan has demonstrated unwavering dedication, support and leadership in a transformative time.
We are grateful for the wealth and diversity of knowledge and experience each of these individuals will bring to their roles on the Dryad board. Learn more about our Board Members and our community governance at https://datadryad.org/stash/our_governance.